Print out this PDF (see download button) and keep it in the glove compartment of your vehicle. In case of an accident, fill in all available information right at the scene. The form also contains instructions such as:
WHEN AN ACCIDENT HAPPENS:
- Stop immediately, avoid obstructing traffic if possible. Put out emergency flares. Warn oncoming traffic UNLESS PERSONAL SAFETY IS JEOPARDIZED.
- Aid the injured.
- Notify Dispatch Center and advise of injuries. Dispatch Center should (a) notify police, (b) notify our headquarters, (c) notify medical aid to respond.
- Obtain name and address of investigating police officer and badge number.
- Obtain facts about damages to your vehicle.
- Obtain facts about damages to other vehicle(s) and/or property damaged.
- Get witnesses. Pass out witness cards and collect upon completion.
- Obtain facts about injured person(s).
- Describe the accident on the accident report.
- Never admit liability or agree to pay for damages.
- Call your local insurance agent to report accident.
- Do not discuss the accident except with police, or with your insurance company representative.